Thursday, April 21, 2016

No. 46

Prompt:Stargate Atlantis, Evan Lorne/David Parrish, Evan accidentally throws out one of David's plants
http://comment-fic.livejournal.com/712932.html?thread=94188260#t94188260

Evan was having a good day. He'd gotten up early, gone for a run with his team, cleaned his room. He loved David, but David had a tendency to hoard the weirdest things, including dead plants. Now that Evan had cleared out their not-officially-shared quarters, the place was brighter and cleaner, and Evan was happy.

He was in the middle of staff reviews - he reviewed the enlisted men, left NCOs and commissioned officers to Sheppard - when the door flew open.

"Evan!"

Evan blinked, startled. He and David had agreed to keep it professional outside their quarters, stick to titles and last names. In fact, most of the soldiers didn't even know Evan's first name. It added to his mystique as XO, the super-efficient Major Lorne, no first name, possibly a robot.

"Dr. Parrish," Evan said carefully.

David stomped into the office, almost elbowing poor little Sergeant Winchester in the head.

"You threw it out!"

Evan blinked. "Threw out what?"

"My Williamsonia Sewardiana!"

Dating a botanist didn't make a man good at botany. That babble of Latin was meaningless. "Apologies, Dr. Parrish. Maybe we can step outside and discuss this in private -"

Except David looked ready to cry.

"Sergeant Winchester, dismissed," Evan said.

Winchester ducked out of the room, grinning. Evan filed that away for later and mentally added Winchester to the consequence column.

"You threw it out! How could you?"

"I'm sorry, I don't understand." Evan stepped around his desk, put his hands on David's shoulders.

"The Williamsonia Sewardiana was from the planet where we first had a mission together. I kept it because it was from our first date!"

Evan didn't really count stumbling over a Wraith corpse as a first date, but he knew David was more sentimental than he was. He pulled David into his arms. "I'm sorry," he said softly. "When we go back to the planet for follow-up, we'll get a new one, okay?"

"But it won't be the same," David protested.

"I know. I'm sorry. I thought all of the plants were dead."

"That one wasn't. It just needed a little water. It was hibernating." David sighed and buried his face against Evan's throat.

"I really am sorry. Next time put a label on it?"

"There was a label in the pot."

Evan winced. He really wasn't going to win this discussion. So he switched tactics and pulled David into a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.