Thursday, February 25, 2016

No. 105

Prompt: Lucifer (2016), Lucifer/Chloe Decker, sealed with a kiss
http://comment-fic.livejournal.com/697718.html?thread=91987830#t91987830

"You can save me," Chloe whispered.

Lucifer sat beside her hospital bed and tangled his fingers with hers.

"I can't."

"But you did, before –"

"That was different."

"I was dying then, I'm dying now!"

"That was a mortal wound, a gunshot. Instant damage, instant fix. But this – this has been going on too long. I can't –"

"But you're an angel."

"A fallen one. And, contrary to some misguided beliefs, I am not a god, nor am I as strong as God. There are some things I cannot do, no matter how I wish it."

Chloe's eyes filled with tears.

Lucifer felt something inside him twist, but he didn't have a heart, so it couldn't have been that. "But, if you want to make a deal, I could –"

She blinked at him. "You mean, sell my soul?"

"It's the only way I could –"

"I'll do it. For Trixie."

Lucifer closed his eyes. "Are you sure?" In his possession no soul survived long, kept its spark. When she died, she had no chance of heaven, no chance of forever with her precious little girl.

"Yes." Chloe struggled to sit up, so he eased her upright with a gentle hand at the small of her back, like a gentleman ushering a lady into a fine restaurant.

"If you're sure," he said.

She nodded, so he asked for her full name, and clasped her hands in his, and said the ritual words.

She stared at him. "I don't feel anything different."

He leaned in. "You have to seal it with a kiss."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.