I've experienced this only once in my life but I really, really want to write about. I think it's got the kind of emotional power that can connect with a large female audience, or at the very least show them there's something more out there than "Oh, I totally love this band..."
What am I talking about? Nothing less than companionship. An author loses credibility in my eyes when she neglects the notion of romantic friendships because really, whats better than making out with you're best buddy? (I don't mean you guys, but you get the drift.) Specifically I want to write a scene where the male lead and the female lead have a conversation. It begins simply but then spirals out into this beautiful lattice work of wants, desires, memories and hopes. All the fragile things we hold in most of our lives will spill out and there will be...a mental tangling that is nothing short of what a miracle ought to be.
-sigh-
Writing this makes me realize how much I want it.
1 comment:
Goodness gracious but I want it too. I think the last good romances I wrote from a female's POV were those gifts I wrote for you and Seirra. There's something about instant connection without forever, without being trashy.
I know I'm a crazy fangirl, but there is this seriously awesome scene in Criminal Minds in Season Three, the episode called "Penelope", between Morgan and Garcia, and it sort of reminds me of those love stories, where they love each other desperately and more than they can comprehend but they know it can't be. You should totally check it out.
You should write that scene and hold onto it and maybe use it in the middle of the story. That's why I write fractures - so I don't lose the scene, and I hope I can use it later.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.